מדריך: קווין קליין
קורס מתקדם ומעשי שפותח ע"י קווין קליין המתמקד באומנות של תכנון ,הגדרה ויישום ב-SQL Server 2012 במטרה למקסם את הביצועים והמדרגיות.
Real World Database Configuration and Tuning is a 3-day class developed by Kevin Kline to train information technology professionals in the fine art of configuring and implementing Microsoft SQL Server for maximum performance and scalability
At the conclusion of the training, attendees will understand:
• Bare-metal tuning of server hardware and storage configurations for database applications.
• Important Windows and SQL Server configuration settings, including virtual versus physical environments.
• Methods for benchmarking the performance of alternative configurations and settings.
• Designing databases for performance through indexing, data types, and recovery mode.
• Monitoring and identifying performance bottlenecks and resolving performance issues.
• Understanding SQL Server query performance through execution plan analysis and Dynamic Management Views (DMVs).
Lesson 1: SQL Server Internals and Architecture
• A fast-paced overview of the major components of SQL Server and how they interact during read and, separate, during write operations.
• An overview of SQL Server caches, memory clean-up processes, and user activity handling.
Lesson 2: The Fundamentals of Server Hardware Configuration
• Introduction to physical hardware componentry and to virtual servers.
• Demonstration of SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and basic performance monitoring tools, including PerfMon and Profiler .
Lesson 3: High-performance Storage
• Introduction to storage concepts, including DASD, RAID, SSD, and SAN architectures.
Lesson 4: Database and Storage Interaction
• Intermediate storage concepts, including database files, filegroups, and partitions. Discussion of advance storage concepts, specifically the SQL Server storage engine internals, such as database internal structures (GAMs, SGAMs, IAMs).
• Demonstration of the primary benchmarking tool used in the class, HammerDB.
Lesson 5: Basic Windows and SQL Server Configuration Settings
• Overview of basic Windows and SQL Server configuration settings, including memory and CPU.
Lesson 6: Advanced Windows and SQL Server Configuration Settings
• Discussion of advanced configuration settings, such as Max Degrees of Parallelism, Query Threshold for Parallelism, and Optimize for Ad Hoc Workloads.
• Discussion of important trace flags.
Lesson 7: Monitoring for Performance Bottlenecks and Problem Conditions
• Overview of SQL Server’s instrumentation including DMVs and Wait Statistics.
Lesson 8: Database Configuration Settings
• Discussion of database configuration settings, including parameterization, recovery mode, recovery interval, and automatic statistics maintenance.
• A brief overview of important database design considerations for efficient backup and recovery.